Saturday, October 17, 2015

The Road to AMTC

So....we left Sacramento around 1300 today in a silver Camaro convertible.  Alamo did not have the convertible I had reserved and it reminded me of the Seinfeld rental car episode.  Worth watching if you have not seen it.  The guy at the counter tried to get me to take a Mazda Miata but a six-hour drive in a Miata did not sound like a good thing after an all-night transport to San Francisco....so eventually he gave me a Camaro convertible.  Winning! 

Sarah and I left Sacramento and it was a fairly boring drive until we got to the Grapevine. We hit a bit of L.A. traffic but when we parked in front of the Queen Mary it was worth it.  It looks just like the Titanic!  I can see Rose and Jack in the hallways.  So beautiful.  We explored the ship and tried to crash a wedding on one of the upper decks....rejected! 

REACH is a host program at AMTC this year and will be receiving Program of the Year honors at the awards dinner Monday night.  Stay tuned...AMTC starts tomorrow!

The Queen Mary looks just like the Titanic

Bold...Accurate & Concise ship communication 

Photo Bomb

My porthole window (Long Beach skyline)

Queen Mary selfie

No comments:

Post a Comment